Summer Camp in Beautiful Southern California! Adventures and Extraordinary Educational Experiences for Teens!
To bring about more understanding between people and the natural world, we offer on-board, educational adventures for youth groups, ages 14 to 20, utilizing the fleet of ships and certified staff of Captain Scott Rhoad’s Ultimate Adventure Academy (UAA).
Capt. Scott is a Master Mariner who, for the past twenty years, has put over 3,000 students through adventure learning programs that include leadership, seamanship, and teamwork skills, along with high school tutoring, as needed, as part of fully-accredited, on-board high school programs. As Captain Scott says, “Life is an adventure. Your education should be an adventure, too!”
This year’s summer camp program is in Southern California. Snorkel through underwater marine preserves, kite surf, hike through offshore islands, free dive on coral reefs, and learn how to make decisions that make you the best team member with the world around you. You’ll learn about solutions to environmental problems, and experience the ocean’s ecological diversity.
WE HAVE TWO BASIC PROGRAMS:
A. Oceans Adventure Summer Camp:
This is an on-board, 1 to 3-week leadership program.
- Enhance your leadership abilities while meeting the challenges of sea life
- Learn to be an effective team member
- Go home with sailing, navigation, and other aquatic skills
- Achieve an enhanced certainty that you can decide on a course of action, and then figure out how to take the necessary steps to arrive at your destination, including directing others in the endeavor.
- If necessary, recover from the negative impacts of bullying and other traumatic family or social incidents, and learn how to handle it if it happens again.
B. LAEO’s On Board Gap Year Adventures:
- Program includes the above, plus any remedial tutoring necessary in high school and college prep courses.
- A minimum of 3 months.
Our exciting, on-board ship environment is well-disciplined, safe and challenging. If you are fast in a particular subject, you are not held back by others who may not be as fast in that subject. If you need to go more slowly in a particular subject to ensure you really get it and can apply it to your life, then there is no pressure to move faster to keep up with others.
Infused with our Cooperative Ecology philosophy, students return home with a far better understanding of their vital partnership with their families, their friends, and the world them, and have increased confidence that they can set and achieve their own goals.
There are times when we will be using the vessel for marine research, as well, and students aboard can participate in activities such as sampling coral reefs and sending the collections to, and interacting with, prestigious marine scientists.
There is no set time for your arrival or departure. Groups can coordinate with us as to when the best timing for them would be. We’ll help you handle the necessary arrival logistics.
For more detailed information, click on one of the following:
(If you’re a Scout, click here!)
Space is very limited. If you are interested, contact us at the LAEO U.S. headquarters to receive a full info pack and application form.
START YOUR ADVENTURE TODAY!
(818) 330-9528 ~ info@TheEarthOrganization.org
3443 Ocean View Blvd., Glendale, CA 91208